Observation is your best source for delivering the type of content your audience really wants but we all run short on ideas now and then. If you run into trouble as you plan content for this year, here are nine ways to get the content idea flowing again.
PARA LEER ESTO EN ESPAÑOL, IR AQUÍ.
- Read/watch the news and current events. – Pay attention to what’s happening in the news and many times you’ll find something that ties in perfectly to your audience’s interests. For example, if your target market is parents of teens then stories of online dangers or inspiring kids are potential subjects to write about and comment on. Don't worry about not being the first, just write from your own perspective and experience and your readers will love it.
- Keep a notebook with ideas. – I always keep a little notebook or my mobile device handy for when I come across ideas. I honestly never leave home without something to write on. Sometimes a little story about what happened to you at a restaurant, on the way to work, or at your kid’s soccer game can become a relevant lesson to your readers.
- Product reviews. – People always appreciate detailed and honest product reviews. A good review will discuss a product’s features and potential benefits. It will also clearly show who the product is suitable for and perhaps who it is not. It will also talk about any potential drawbacks to be aware of. Reviewing things for your readers can be a great service to them.
- Conduct case studies with your clients/customers. – Case studies are also great because they can be highly-informative, but also provide amazing testimonials for your business.
- Interview other experts/celebrities in your market. – Now I don’t mean get Bill O'Reilly or some other big-time celebrity. Just get people in your market that people turn to for information, guidance and even entertainment.
- Have someone interview you. – This is an super easy way to create content simply by answering questions. You can even have your own readers submit questions for the interview.
- Look at previous content and expand on it. – If you have old content that was popular, see where you can expand it or target a certain aspect of that topic and cover it in a new post/article in finer detail.
- Create a “Top 10” list. – If writing isn’t your thing, this is an easy way to come up with plenty of ideas in point-form. For example, “Top 10 Ways to Save Money on Your Groceries”.
- Entertain. – People use the Internet for information but also for entertainment. You don’t always have to come up with earth-shattering information to impress your audience. Have fun, inspire them or make them laugh.
- And a Bonus! – Watch the Calendar! Depending on your niche or products, the upcoming seasons and holidays can also give you ideas for great trending content.
Do you have a favorite strategy for new content? Leave us your best tip in the comments or tell us which of these 9 is your favorite. And don't forget to subscribe so you never miss a helpful post, or sign up for our exclusive newsletter!